Let’s go back to basics:
1. Who are you?
2. What makes you happy?
The above two questions were posed to me by Maylin. This fascinating, wonderful, and all-the-good-stuff woman that I met for lunch and hot chocolate today. It’s our first meeting after a previous meetup meeting. Yes, the first meeting and we discussed the big questions of life and some finer details of our lives. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Another question posed to me: Do you really need the Australian PR?
Regular readers of my blog may start to find that this blog chronicles my thoughts. Which is how I think many times – I think by writing things down.
Oh and the mundane stuff of this week:
- I started work this week. First week was training. And one of the facilitators has a very intriguing and attract voice and accent. I couldn’t concentrate on the material. And yes, I’m a sucker for beautiful voices.
- Highlight of the week is what others thought of me when I was in Singapore – “That I recall, when mentioning that I was working with you, some people went “Oh. He’s odd isn’t he.” Something along those lines. I looked at them and said nothing. I thought you were quirky and a breath of fresh air”. – Pep
- Went for the Spanish meetup and left after 45 minutes or so. I was exhausted from the training and body was aching after
- Indoor rock climbing on Tuesday. I signed up for a 6 lessons class with University of Sydney. Amazing experience and I sprained my ankle … my buddy kinda dropped me onto the floor.
- Went for Friday drinks with my new colleagues.
- Found out that there’s quite a few Ernst & Young ex-colleagues in PwC Sydney.
- Went out for lunch with Kavi from E&Y Bermuda. Great chat.
- It has been perpetually raining in Sydney. Ran in the rain yesterday after my ankle has sufficiently healed.
- Met up with Pieter and his son, Daniel. Very cool. Daniel was smoking his own rolled-up cigarettes. Works in the library on a part-time basis and is supported by the government. And he lives on the same street in Newtown that I’m moving to!
- I’m moving to my room on next Tuesday. Hip hip hurray!