I woke up feeling amiss. Something’s not right with my body. Just like after a mild hangover. But it’s not a hangover. It’s from last night’s humongous Christmas dinner, which Derarca very kindly invited me to, to spend with her family and very close friends. Here’s what I had last night:
- starter: salmon on soda bread, Dublin Bay and Madagascar prawns in mayo
- Turkey, ham, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, roast parsnip and potatoes, bacon, sausages, etc
- Christmas pudding set on fire, with cream and brandy butter
- Cheese and crackers on platter and brandy
- Christmas fruit cake with icing
- Coffee with milk
I suspect I’m on the onset of a heart attack from the above. Time for a run now, on St. Stephen’s Day!
P.S.: I didn’t mention the very delightful company that I had last night! Simply hilarious and good craic!