[Note: this post is still a work in progress. It will be revisited at a later date.]
After watching more than 4-5 hours of marriage proposals on youtube, I felt qualified to speak on the various elements of a proposal which includes:
- Location: at a public place or at home
- People involved: just the couple or involving others
- Planned or impromptu (most of the proposals on youtube are planned, which explained why they are captured on video in the first place)
- The classic kneeing down on a knee or not?
- The ring (this can be a very hmmm complex topic)
Before popping the all-important question, the proposer may include any one or more of the following (and indeed you can do it any way you like):
- Spoken or written words. My favourite proposals are those which involved placards.
- A dance or a few dances. Flash mobs are very popular. They can be engaged professionally apparently.
- Music – bands, choirs, singing, instrumental
- Art – painting, wall art, art installation